Thursday, July 3, 2008

River Walk - Part 2

The rest of the river pictures, plus a few more thrown in for good measure. Here is Lewis, still sailing his boat.His other activity was throwing rocks in the water. Some of them were quite large - at least for him. They required two hands and a good deal of effort to throw. He and Anoma were systematically emptying their little parcel of beach of all rocks, large and small. It must have been fun. It kept them busy a good long while.
Patience is a fisherman (or girl), waiting for a bite.
Sweet little feet
Peter and Momo
By the way, today was Peter's birthday. Happy Birthday, dear Peter. We're glad you belong to us!Oh, look! She caught something. Does a stick count?
Time to go home...
While Rose was here, John took her up in a helcopter. Here they are, flying above our house.
Our dear friends, the Hiddens, have planted lots of lavender on their property. Today I got to go visit Naomi, and she sent me home with this wonderful armload of blossoms. I hung a few for drying, but kept the major part out to just enjoy fresh. I *love* lavender! This is English lavender, and it has a fatter flower stalk than most of my plants. I must get some to plant around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are darling. I really like the one of Claire walking toward us with the river and bush on the sides.

Boy, I wish I had some lavender like that. Probably should go check it out around here.

Love, Janice