Thursday, September 16, 2010

It has been a very long time since I've posted anything, but recently I was pining for my grandchildren, and Tony said he guessed I'd better go see them, and so I did. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip. I'm not taking time to crop or Photoshop, else they would never get posted!

The first day, I got to babysit the children while their parents went sailing. We had a blast. We arranged pretty hairstyles (I put French braids in Mona's hair. It made her look like a little Dutch girl, somehow)....

...climbed trees....
...soared through the air on the tree swing....
...painted Nelly's and Mona's fingers and toes *very* creatively....
(Inge painted my fingers, too - 10 different colors! I felt very...um...bright.)
...played dress-up....
(as a side note, the dress Mona is playing in below was made by Tony's mom for Claire to wear many years ago when Janice got married.)
...and made funny faces, among other fun activities and even a little work.
3 sweet little girls. Inge is such a wonderful big sister!
This is the only "regular" picture I got of Lewis. He thinks "funny faces" are way more fun. I have quite a collection from all the children.
And here's Petey. This is his new bathtub. The picture is blurry, but I think it's really cute.














2 comments:

Claire said...

Say, whose are those incredibly cute kids?

Rhonda said...

Oh my, those are awfully cute kids Claire, I must agree. I especially love the one of Lewis with the funny eyeballs. What is it with boys and cameras???? Susie, good job and glad you posted these. Your peacock feathers are up and pretty, I'd say. :-)