One afternoon while the kids were here, we took a walk to the river.

Stopping to examine a horsetail fern.


It's a lovely walk through the woods to the river. Nelly got tired and decided to ride.

Charming little buttercup, dainty little buttercup....is just about to take over the entire property! These were in the woods, but they have spread all over our planted beds and into the lawn. They are vying, at present, with the ladies mantle for top billing on the place. I keep suggesting to Tony that this might not be such a good thing - they are choking other things out - but he remains unconvinced. They look very sweet.

Here is our river. It's pretty shallow right now, and those rocks are slippery! Brave Peter spent nearly the entire time out in the middle, walking all around with Momo on his back. I think his crocs must have been particularly good for river walking, because I didn't see him slip once, while I, with my camera slung around my neck, had to take very tentative, cautious steps so that I didn't end up in the drink. But oh, it was fun. And cold!

Please note that he is on the *far* side of the river! It gets a bit deeper in the middle and the water runs fast.

Inge, among the grasses.

And here is our lovely Rose.


I like this picture. These belong to Nelly.

Sorry that this cut Claire's face off, but it was so cute of Nelly that I wanted to include it.

Sittin' and chillin'


Aunt Rose, helping Lewis find a place to sail his little police boat.



Inge, looking for a likely "fishing spot." Her fishing pole was made up of a stick, a string, and an opened paper clip. She didn't catch anything, but not for lack of trying. I think Tappa needs to take her fishing next time she comes.


Claire is such a bright and happy mama. I love it.


I was going to put up a couple more, but my connection is balking, so I'll try to finish tomorrow.
3 comments:
How much fun! These are lovely pictures, Susie.
Joy
I love it, Susie. How come we never went down to the river when I was there? I didn't know you could go down there and play in the water.
One of my favorites is the picture below 'sittin and chillin'. I would crop into just Claire and Nelly. Also, I like the first one where they are picking the flowers together. And Rose is a doll. And I love the shoes picture, too. Anyway, I loved looking at these!
Love, Janice
Just looking over these again. Inge is so cute with her fishing pole. Do you actually ever have any fish in that water?
Love, Janice
Post a Comment