Sunday, June 22, 2008

Beach Time

Last Sunday, after morning church, Tony and I drove down to the coast to spend the rest of the day and Monday with the kids. It was a very fun time. We got a couple of good walks with the family. The weather was windy, but lovely. It was nice to get back down there.

Here is Mona - or MoMo, as she calls herself, walking on the sand. This little girl is so cute. There doesn't seem to be any timidity about her. Peter and Claire call her a disaster-not-waiting-to-happen....or maybe a disaster-in-progress. Where Mona goes, things happen. Like the time Peter caught her pouring a glass of water on a floor outlet into which a lamp was plugged. Fortunately, he grabbed her away and we were able to get it mopped up without getting electrocuted! Mona is the one to just take off traveling, probably hoping to evade capture, and you'd best be alert to retrieve her before she can escape out an open door. She reminds me of Janice as a toddler.
Inge loves the sand!

Peter and Mona. Peter is wearing the new polarized sunglasses that Claire got him for Father's Day. Pretty cool looking. :-)
Nelly, getting ready to jump off the deck


Lewis, squinting in the sun.

Here is Mona, taking it easy after being outdoors. By the time I noticed her, she was ready to get up and was trying to roll out of the chair, but I managed to catch this picture of her, not in motion.
Rose surprised her dad (and me) with a visit for Father's Day

Monday was a perfect day for lying out on the sand.
I think Inge might have preferred to be directly on the sand. She kept piling it on her towel. Lewis, getting his nest made. He didn't want help. I offered.


Sitting on the deck discussing something.
One of the necessary activities while at the coast, Claire tells me, is to sit on the deck and read PG Wodehouse together. This is the setting for that very pleasant method of passing the time. When I wasn't taking pictures, I was lying on the sand below, alternately snoozing and chuckling at the story.

That's all for tonight. Hopefully by tomorrow or Tuesday, I can get the rest of the pictures from their visit posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Keep them coming. I love journalism photography! Couldn't help but chuckle several times!

Love, Janice

Rhonda said...

OOOOH that looks so fun! I MISS the beach house, we have so many fun family memories there - just like the one's you have chronicled here. The pictures are great!
Love R