Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Lewis!

Lewis opened his presents from his parents at the beach, opened our presents when they came back from the beach, and I imagine he has gifts from his Grammy and Grandpa to open at home! He made out like a bandit this year. Here he is in camouflage helmet with his weapons - presents from his folks.
I like this picture of Claire and Mona.
Many years ago, I started the tradition of giving some small something to siblings when a brother or sister had a birthday, and now that we have grandchildren, we are doing the same thing. It will continue until they get a little older. Here Nelly is trying to get into the pack of Altoids gum that was in her bag. It presented quite the challenge for her. I mainly chose this picture because it is so good of Tappa.
Nelly, wearing her new wooden beads....still working on that gum.
The obvious choice of present for Inge - vases to put her flowers in. She would have loved her Great-Great-Grandmommy's garden!
Ah, this sword. I loved this sword, even though it was plastic. When I picked it up in the store to examine it, it clanged at me, as though I had struck another sword. And when I moved it again, it whooshed, as though it was cutting through air. Such a sword! I couldn't leave it behind and so it got bought. It took Lewis a little while to really appreciate the finer points of it, though.
Now here's a present to warm a boy's heart! Shiny armor, shiny swords. It wouldn't stay in the store, either.
Here he is, all decked out.
And here is Claire and Peter's friend Anoma, crossing swords with him.
How old are you, Lewis?
These candles posed a bit of problem. Someone needs to teach him to focus his breath. There were 5 candles on the cake, and it took at least 8 blows to get them all extinguished. Inge was having a hard time refraining from helping, I think. She did a great job, leaving it to him to get them all blown out.
Looking forward to the cupcakes.
No one can enjoy cake like a baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! A delight to go through and also I loved reading your comments. I LOVED your description of the sword, and the one of Tony with Nelly(?), where he is slanting into the corner looking toward down toward her hands. Put that one in a book for sure!
Love, Janice